We are an agile, hardworking and dedicated team, who highly value employee contributions.
Tax Associate/Senior Accountant
What to expect from working with us
Yoshida Wealth Management and Hara Yoshida Accounting are remote-first, virtual firms.
Our communications occur with clients and colleagues via Microsoft Teams, Zoom, phone calls and email.
We meet in-person a handful of times each year to build relationships as a team.
Our general working hours are from 9AM – 5PM.
We have an extremely flexible work environment. Our team works hard, sometimes more than 40 hours per week during the busy tax season.
We are a small, boutique company, who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are agile, communicate effectively and make process improvements quickly. Therefore, we welcome everyone’s input and cooperation.
We value our employees, striving to provide a collegial atmosphere where everyone can use their professional and interpersonal skills to work as a team and service clients responsively.
YWM/HYA is fully committed and encourages team interaction, idea sharing, creativity and continual professional education. We are a team. It’s our corporate culture.
We are always looking for smart, motivated and passionate professionals who value client services and financial returns equally. We offer the right candidates attractive benefits, a challenging work environment and opportunities for professional growth.
As we want our employees to be familiar with and gain a deeper understanding of tax codes, each employee first begins work with Hara Yoshida Accounting, working and receiving specific training for the first few years. If the employee displays acumen, drive and motivation, we provide opportunities for them to join the Yoshida Wealth Management team, where we provide financial planning and investment management services.
If you're looking to make a positive change in people’s lives and their businesses, this is the place for you.
About the role
The Tax Associate/Senior Accountant works closely with the Managing Director and other Associates in the department. The position is responsible for the preparation and review of tax returns, including ensuring all federal and state income tax returns are prepared timely and accurately and in compliance with applicable laws.
- BS in Accounting or other relevant degree or combination of education and experience
- Participation in preparing tax returns for a minimum of 2 tax seasons
- EA designation is a plus
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills in English and Japanese
- Detailed-oriented, self-starter, takes initiative
- Team player, collaborative, able to work with and through others
- Accurate, organized, able to set priorities
- Maintain a “Client-first attitude”
- Proficiency in related technologies;
- Spreadsheets, QuickBooks, Tax Prep
- Software (Lacerte is a plus)
- Desire and ability to work successfully virtually and in a small company environment
What we are offering
- Compensation includes salary plus bonus based on experience and industry standards.
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Generous PTO policy and holidays
- Education reimbursement for relevant designations (CFP®, EA, CPA, and more)
- Laptop, dual monitors, home office accessories are provided